- Fair Grounds Racing Club
- Race Track Industry Program
- Wagering Information
- Handicap Weights
- Condition Book
- Green Pastures & Horse Rescue
- OTB/Video Poker
Fair Grounds Racing Club
Experience Thoroughbred Ownership with Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Trainer Al Stall, Jr.
Introducing the Fair Grounds Racing Club - your low risk pathway to becoming a race horse owner. Experience Thoroughbred racehorse ownership with horses that will be trained by Breeder’s Cup Classic Winning trainer Al Stall, Jr.
The club is a low cost, low risk glimpse into the life of a thoroughbred owner. Visit the track in the early mornings to watch your horses conduct morning training routines, experience the Paddock enclosure just prior to the race, listen in as your trainer gives final instructions to the jockey, watch and enjoy your horses as they competes at the State’s Most Legendary Racetrack and hopefully experience the thrill of visiting the Winners’ Circle!
Club Limited to 200 Members. Club will be dissolved and individual $500 investment returned to each member if there are not at least 100 members.
About the Fair Grounds Racing Club:
- $500 One Time Membership Fee (used to purchase a horse and pay for training fees & expenses)
- Membership in the new Fair Grounds Racing Club for 2016-2017
- Two Racehorses – A two-year old colt and a two-year old filly by Into Mischief!
- No hidden costs, or additional training fees or bills
- Receive regular updates on the program via email
- Interact with other Racing Club Members on the club’s Facebook page
- Horses to be trained by Al Stall, Jr.
- All decisions on the horse to be made by the trainer on behalf of the Fair Grounds Racing Club
- For more information email email@example.com
Perks of Being a Club Member
- A behind the scenes look at horse ownership
- Breakfast during select morning workouts to watch the club's horses prepare for racing & learn from Al Stall, Jr. about his approach to training your horses
- Privileged access to Paddock Area before the club’s horses races
- Access to members only meetings, barn area tours, private viewing area when your horse trains and Club events
- Free Clubhouse Admission for member and guest every racing day throughout the 2016-2017 racing season
- Guest passes for your friends and family on race day
Not For Profit Organization
- The club is organized as a 501C7 Not for Profit Social Club
- The Club is structured as a not-for-profit educational association meaning you should not join the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. Understand that you may not receive back any of your $500 membership fee. Should a profit be made the club’s directors will make a determination of the distribution of funds
Registration will stay open until we reach 200 members. Limited spots are available and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
The details of the program: The Fair Grounds Racing Club will initially acquire two racehorses from Spendthrift Farm for the 2016-2017 racing season. The horses will be trained by New Orleans based trainer Al Stall, Jr. Updates will be posted on Facebook weekly and via email so you can follow the racehorses. While your Club membership annual dues are only $500, monthly financials will be shared with the group to provide a transparent and behind-the-scenes look into the real costs of owning a racehorse. All aspects of racehorse ownership will be explained.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gary Palmisano at 502-638-3805.
FAIR GROUNDS RACING CLUB MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE FAIR GROUNDS RACING CLUB, INC. (THE “CLUB”). I UNDERSTAND, REPRESENT AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- Purpose. I understand that the purpose of the Club is to provide an educational experience of Thoroughbred horse ownership through participation in a not-for-profit social club organized for pleasure, recreational and other nonprofitable purposes that owns, trains and races Thoroughbred racehorses.
- Club Activities. I understand that: (a) the Club will initially own two racehorses with plans to race at Fair Grounds Racecourse in New Orleans, Louisiana; (b) up to 200 memberships in the Club will be sold for the 2016-2017 season at $500 each and the funds raised from these membership dues will be used to pay the purchase price for the horses, as well as for training fees and other expenses; (c) membership dues will be deposited into a horsemen’s account and expenses will be paid from this account; (d) the horses’ trainer is Al Stall, Jr. Gary Palmisano, Jr. will represent the Club’s interest as the Club manager of the horse(s); (e) I will receive communications through social media and emails about the horse’s activities; (f) the Club may, upon the trainer’s recommendation, purchase additional horses; (g) the Club will operate until November 4, 2017 (unless it becomes prudent to cease operations at an earlier date); (h) day to day decisions will rest with the trainer and Club manager; (i) the decision about the disbursement of any excess funds, and any funds remaining from membership dues, will be determined by the directors of the Club and, further, all purses earned by the horses may be donated to a 501(c)(3) charity designated by Spendthrift Farm (subject to all applicable laws and regulations); and (j) Club activities may take place at a racetrack, which is subject to safety considerations, and I agree to be bound by and abide by rules and regulations of the racetrack.
- No pecuniary profit. I understand that the Club is organized as a not-for-profit social club, and I am not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. I understand that I may not receive back any of my $500 membership dues at any time and I understand that the maximum I may receive at the end of the 2016-2017 season, if anything, is $500.
- Release. I recognize that hazards and risks are inherent in owning, training and racing Thoroughbred racehorses and related activities. I hereby acknowledge voluntary participation in the Club and, by my signature below, hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its affiliates and all directors, officers and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability of whatever kind arising from my participation in the Club; further, I waive all claims of all kinds against all and any of the foregoing arising from participation in the Club. This release shall be binding upon me, my immediate family members (including without limitation, my spouse and any children as applicable) and my heirs, successors and assigns. I also understand and agree that this release contemplates the release and discharge of any and all other claims that may exist or arise in the future as a result of any aforementioned occurrence and any injuries, illness, loss (including death) or damages to persons or property (including loss of use of property) allegedly sustained thereby by me.
- Only Agreement. I agree this is the only agreement or understanding that applies to my membership in the Club.